Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Successful Test Drive

I took what parts I have and cobbled together a complete functional prototype and played three hours of World of Warcraft with it.  I managed to used this new trackball in place of my Logitech Trackman for the entire time.  It is certainly a learning curve and getting the buttons in just the right spot is important.  Once everything was where it belonged and adjusted, it was awesome.  I really like it.  According to the performance meter, I was top of my class in the game too.

I cut some little single sided copper clad board pieces and soldered wires to them for buttons and taped them to the sand glove.  I pulled the trackball over beside the sand glove for thumb operation. 

Having a successful test and support from the community has really inspired me to keep moving forward.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment