Tuesday, March 27, 2012

New circuit boards ordered

After running on my own milled cirucit board for many months now, I have ordered a few from DorkbotPDX.  I spent most of last night adding ground planes to both the top and bottom of the board and generally cleaning up the asthetics in preparation of sending it out for production.

While the my own milled versions work well for rapid prototyping, their longevity is a bit limited as I've had to resolder them a few times and fix broken traces.  A few days ago, I had another lose connection that was the straw that broke the camel's back to get me going to have some professionally made.  Heck it only costs a little more than $7 for three of them to be made, so it seems like a real bargain.  Hopefully the professional grade ones come out like I hope and work.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment